The History-Social Sciences Education program at Illinois State is the largest in the state and among the top programs in the country. Students take a variety of courses in the fields of history, social sciences, and education. This is a 4-year course of study that includes clinical experiences and culminates with student teaching.
The Department of History offers several options for the student teaching experience. Placements are offered in Central Illinois, as well as in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
Student teaching options include:
- The traditional semester long experience
- The yearlong professional development experience
- One semester split between Illinois and England in partnership with the University of Brighton
Helpful Resources and Partners
- Student Teaching Agreement
- Information Sheet
- Resume Template
- Sample Resume
- Student Teaching Checklist
- Areas of Student Teaching
- Gateway Interview
- Influential High School History Teacher
- Student Teaching Meeting
- ILTS 246 Content Exam Template
For more information about student teaching please contact Sara Piotrowski, email@example.com, Schroeder Hall, room 306C.