The Department of History strives to create excellent experiences for students beyond the classroom, encouraging students to study abroad by supplying $500 scholarships toward their travel.
This past year students went to England, Italy, Ireland and Germany. Here’s what one of the students said about the experience; “My study abroad trip to Orvieto, Italy offered me a chance to explore a new country and culture, as well as truly discover myself."
For more information about the Study Abroad programs, please contact their office at http://studyabroad.illinoisstate.edu/
Through the generosity of our donors, the department is able to provide $500 scholarships, paid in the semester of the study abroad program, to students majoring in History.
To be considered for this award, students must:
- Be accepted into a Study Abroad program
- Be enrolled in good standing as a full time undergraduate History major
- Submit an essay (300-500 words, 1-2 pages) in which the applicant discusses:
- Why are you interested in studying abroad?
- How will studying abroad impact your future?
- How will this award assist your academic/personal goals?
The granting of this travel award will be based on the following:
- Quality of essay
- Faculty references
- Study Abroad program applied for (some scholarships will be reserved for programs led by History faculty)
Note that the scholarship will be applied to your student account early in the semester for which you are enrolled in the course. It will be rescinded should you decide not to participate in the study abroad program.
All materials should be sent to Dr. Ron Gifford at email@example.com