What you will need:
• Undergraduate degree in History or a related field
• 3.0 GPA (we occasionally admit students whose GPA is lower on a probationary basis who in some way show promise of succeeding at the graduate level)
• Letter of application that includes a statement explaining why you hope to pursue a graduate degree
• Brief resume
• Sample of your written work (perhaps a research paper of 5-12 pages)
• Have 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from people who are familiar with your academic work, sent directly to the department (History, Illinois State University, c/o Sharon Foiles, Campus Box 4420, Normal, IL 61790-4420)
Note that we do not require GRE scores, though we do accept them.
The deadline for fall admission is January 31st and for spring admission the deadline is October 15th. However, the department does accept applications after each deadline date, but cannot guarantee that admission can be granted sufficiently early to allow for enrollment the following term. Late applicants also lower their chances for receiving tuition waivers and Graduate Assistantships.
Apply to our program at: Illinois State University Graduate Admissions